Friday 28 May 2010

things that make you go 'ooooh'....

... although in this case it was more like 'oh'.

I lost a 1lb, which was a bit short of the 1.5/2lb I was hoping for to break through losing that first stone. While this is a bit frustrating, I appreciate any loss at all, and next week will be my week!

I couldn't stay to meeting this week, as I had a friends memorial service to go to - people are dropping like flies around me, which is a bit disconcerting, but which also kinda put things into perspective.
I also had a couple of unexpected NSV ( the concept of the NSV would have amused my friend greatly). In rummaging for something 'suitable' to wear in my wardrobe, I came across a pair of black trousers I had only tried on a couple of weeks previously, but had rejected as too tight back then.
Much rummaging later, and I decided there was nothing for it, but to wear the tight black trousers, with a long top, and just hope we didn't have to sit down too much!! I was delighted to find on putting them on in the morning, that not only did they fit, but were comfortably loose!

I had a while to spare before heading off for the service, so I decided to input my WI result onto my weight tracker. I had to smile when up popped a little bouncing grey star, announcing I had lost 5%! Suddenly my little WI cloud had a ray of sunshine peeping through it!

I'm looking forward to a trip with Himself.com to Amsterdam next week. Its only an over-nighter, but I get to pamper myself, while he is in his meeting, and later we can do a bit of sight seeing together. if nothing else its a change of scenery!


have a good weekend x

No comments:

Post a Comment